gfx* HomeForumHelpCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: This time in Gar's So-Called Life  (Read 737 times)
Garumn
Old Codger
100+ posts

« on: December 11, 2018, 09:40:21 pm »

What's going on: Yah'll know I got laid off from the Start-Up. Sucks not only cuz it was a 'decent' paying job but I liked my manager alot and he and the owner made sure to care about us beyond the work--to the tune of the owner, even though he couldnt keep us on, paid us an extra week even though we didnt work it. Well, after my issue last week with ESO/my gpu/drivers and Kourgath's save (thank you!) I got a call from a prospective employer (VISA govn't work) to come in for a keyboard/Windows functionality test. Promptly failed the keyboard test (missed it by 5 points--I'm not good with the number pad and the keyboard was very different from my G11) and was offered the 'General Clerk' position--I aced the Windows shite heh; also, she wanted my attention to detail and drive to get things done. So. The problem is the govnt back ground check. Not that I won' t pass it but it can take 30 days or more (though maybe they will let me just update the one I did last fall for when I was going to go work at the Passport place...wouldnt take as long).

Can't be out of work that long. Sent out feelers for seasonal work and got called by BJ's wholesale yesterday and had that interview today. I got the job. The bad news is that it only pays 11.50/hour. Cant live off that long term so I'm hoping for the govn't check to be swifter than normal...heh.

Where will I be. the job at BJ's is any and all hours I can get. The possible hours are 6am-10pm most days. If I pull second shift I'll be able to see yah'll sometimes. first shift...not so much lol Going to try and make this seasonal job go until the other starts.

The job at The Visa Center: 4pm-12:30 am EST. Once I start this I'll, hopefully, be able to do more with yah'll. going to settle into this job for a while (they told me that there is at least a two year back log) so there is work for a long time and their insurance program...$5.02 per hour worked will be set aside (not from pay) to use for health insurance and 'wellness'. That will be just over $800/month. Comforting.

Just need to last until that job is open to me lol.

End of line.

ESO:    @Garumn
LOTRO: Nifal
SWTOR: Pub: Yorthae, Mo'a-djin, Jegred, Jin'dae.
             Empire: Yor'thae, Vrassik, Vrassus, Zi'ahl, Zi'is
Aahzz
Fear the Aahzzikstan!
Elder
1000+ posts

« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2018, 05:51:27 am »

Maybe the government will get things done quick in your case...ya never know.     Glad to see hope on the horizon for you.

ESO:  @Aahzzy
LOTRO: Aahzz, Aahzzy, Aahzzikstan, Xovian, Xemodan, Xylric, Xynthryth, Aahzzmond, Xillion
SWTOR:  REPUBLIC-Aahzz, Aahzzikstan, Xillion, Xovian, Xylric  EMPIRE-Aahzzitaki, Aahzzriel, Hughami
Serving the Alphabet from A to X.  Y?  Because we already have a Z.
Degarmo
Ancient
5000+ posts

« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2018, 10:20:38 pm »

Greetings program.  Hopefully you'll be able to interface with the mainframe and the great CPU will allow you to work within their algorithms.

End of line.

LotRO:  Degarmo, Korsten, Raindel, Serandel, Tarendel, Kandell, Ceirog, Degarmoth, Savared
ESO:  @degarmo
SWTOR - Republic:  Degarmo, Korsten, Raindel, Savaran, Ceirog, Gatling,, Kylmister
               Empire:  Omraged, Enak, Ledniar, Goriec, Paru Deleon, Juliana Sange
Guild Wars 2:  Kane Korsten, Degarmo Tate, Skagg Mistkeeper, Aeirgead De Monet, Raindel Etherglen, Depriest Espiritu, Savaran Seleria (All Currently Retired)
Aahzz
Fear the Aahzzikstan!
Elder
1000+ posts

« Reply #3 on: December 13, 2018, 12:26:10 pm »

PUNCH PUNCH PUNCH transfer this data into code....

ESO:  @Aahzzy
LOTRO: Aahzz, Aahzzy, Aahzzikstan, Xovian, Xemodan, Xylric, Xynthryth, Aahzzmond, Xillion
SWTOR:  REPUBLIC-Aahzz, Aahzzikstan, Xillion, Xovian, Xylric  EMPIRE-Aahzzitaki, Aahzzriel, Hughami
Serving the Alphabet from A to X.  Y?  Because we already have a Z.
KiFi
Elder
1000+ posts

« Reply #4 on: December 15, 2018, 12:59:31 pm »

I hope the VISA job is sooner than later.

May the Force be with ye! 

When the snows fall and the white winds blow, the lone wolf dies, but the pack survives.
gfx
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
TinyPortal v1.0 beta 3 © Bloc
gfx gfx