gfx* HomeForumHelpCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: HOT HOTHOT!!!  (Read 723 times)
Garumn
Old Codger
100+ posts

« on: July 01, 2018, 05:59:39 pm »

When your feet start to sweat because they are right in front of a computer that is pumping out heat (or not) you know something aint right! Main case fan is having a difficult time, it seems. After I cleaned the sucker out and restarted the PC all it will do is a 1/4 turn and stop. 1/4 turn and stop. heh time for a new fan. I have a Coolermaster 932 HAF case and it's the big, original 'door' fan on the side of the case. A little research has it at a 230mm fan. there aren't many of those out there as the size has gone to 120mm.

What I remember from when I last upgraded this PC is that it is possible to replace this one fan with four smaller ones. All four together would come to the same size as the 230mm. Or would the 120mm fit on the case door somehow and be better?

Would appreciate suggestions!  afro1 approval

ESO:    @Garumn
LOTRO: Nifal
SWTOR: Pub: Yorthae, Mo'a-djin, Jegred, Jin'dae.
             Empire: Yor'thae, Vrassik, Vrassus, Zi'ahl, Zi'is
Degarmo
Ancient
5000+ posts

« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2018, 07:23:52 pm »

https://www.newegg.com/Product/ProductList.aspx?Submit=ENE&IsNodeId=1&N=100007998%20600339700

There are a bunch of good ones there, some of them very slick too.  It's four screws and one plug-in pin.  Shouldn't take more than a few minutes to install.
« Last Edit: July 01, 2018, 07:26:02 pm by Degarmo » Logged

LotRO:  Degarmo, Korsten, Raindel, Serandel, Tarendel, Kandell, Ceirog, Degarmoth, Savared
ESO:  @degarmo
SWTOR - Republic:  Degarmo, Korsten, Raindel, Savaran, Ceirog, Gatling,, Kylmister
               Empire:  Omraged, Enak, Ledniar, Goriec, Paru Deleon, Juliana Sange
Guild Wars 2:  Kane Korsten, Degarmo Tate, Skagg Mistkeeper, Aeirgead De Monet, Raindel Etherglen, Depriest Espiritu, Savaran Seleria (All Currently Retired)
gfx
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
TinyPortal v1.0 beta 3 © Bloc
gfx gfx