gfx* HomeForumHelpCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Dissapointment, anger, tired.  (Read 435 times)
Garumn
Old Codger
100+ posts

« on: March 01, 2018, 05:13:58 am »

For many years I've been working on Garumn's origin story. Off and on. Really had to be in the mood to do anything with it. Last night I spent around four hours fleshing out more of the story, connecting dots, bringing the story to the point where I could start writing the piece that is the crux of the story, the part that first came into my mind back in 2004/5. When my internet went down earlier tonight I decided to write a bit more. When I opened the file I saw that all the work I did last night was gone. Didn't save, even though I had pressed the save button many times, even though the program didn't ask if I wanted to save the changes I had made to the work that was already there--about five pages (heh it was never going to be a long story).

Gone. Felt so well, ultimately drained. I was so happy that I had finished all the intros and interludes and what not. And that I'd gotten a lot closer to being able to share it with yah'll. I just shut the file down, saw I had service again and just watched stuff online.

It'll get done but...it will be hard getting back into that flow after this.

thanks for the ears  Undecided Cry

ESO:    @Garumn
LOTRO: Nifal
SWTOR: Pub: Yorthae, Mo'a-djin, Jegred, Jin'dae.
             Empire: Yor'thae, Vrassik, Vrassus, Zi'ahl, Zi'is
Degarmo
Ancient
5000+ posts

« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2018, 09:35:34 pm »

Were you saving to an online cloud or something?

LotRO:  Degarmo, Korsten, Raindel, Serandel, Tarendel, Kandell, Ceirog, Degarmoth, Savared
ESO:  @degarmo
SWTOR - Republic:  Degarmo, Korsten, Raindel, Savaran, Ceirog, Gatling,, Kylmister
               Empire:  Omraged, Enak, Ledniar, Goriec, Paru Deleon, Juliana Sange
Guild Wars 2:  Kane Korsten, Degarmo Tate, Skagg Mistkeeper, Aeirgead De Monet, Raindel Etherglen, Depriest Espiritu, Savaran Seleria (All Currently Retired)
Garumn
Old Codger
100+ posts

« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2018, 02:56:47 am »

Nope. A program called Open Office. I had not had an issue with it before...well not that kind of issue. It's what I have written most of my Resume/Reference /Letter versions with.

ESO:    @Garumn
LOTRO: Nifal
SWTOR: Pub: Yorthae, Mo'a-djin, Jegred, Jin'dae.
             Empire: Yor'thae, Vrassik, Vrassus, Zi'ahl, Zi'is
gfx
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
TinyPortal v1.0 beta 3 © Bloc
gfx gfx