gfx* HomeForumHelpCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Pantheon: Rise of the Fallen  (Read 420 times)
Degarmo
Ancient
5000+ posts

« Reply #15 on: October 31, 2017, 09:18:49 pm »

Interesting stuff.  I like the part about where the weather in different zones can actually affect your spell effects.  I'm not sure this will make it into the final game, because that kind of thing will be fraught with ass pains.

I'm with you on that one.  It seems like it will be very hard to pull off, specifically in the balance area.  Balance is hard enough without having to deal with zone-by-zone balance as well.

I would expect this kind of sage answer from someone as brilliant and intelligent as you obviously are, sir, but something about the way you write, I bet you're a handsome devil as well.

Nevertheless, we are agreed on the weather thing then. 

How do you feel about the amount of character classes and races?  I see they're putting in some of the "classic" types like elf, dwarf, and human.  Do you think this is a good thing or a bad thing?  Too derivative or just what people want?  Paper or plastic?

I thank  you, and my wife seems to find me less than horrific, so you could say I'm handsome, of sorts, depending on the light . . . mostly when they're off.

As far as the classes, they seem to have a distinct D&D flavor to them, which is a good thing.  I love a lot of classes and of course, much to the chagrin of some, will play them all.

The races are fine.  I've looked at a lot of games where they try to make up new races and such (and they've done some of that in this game), but they always fall short, and you eventually are wanting the classic race types.  The elves do seem a little blue from the concept art.  Maybe they're cold, or dead.

Speaking of cold and dead, it looks like they have a necromancer-esque character class.

Yeah, they do.  But you usually hate playing those.

True enough.  Something about them in every game that just makes their mechanics feel so cumbersome.  I bet it's mostly because it's a multiple-pet class.  Too much crap to manage for very little benefit.  It's like a guy juggling turds at the county fair.  It's a lot of work and no one's gonna pay you for it.

As a guild leader, I know a lot about juggling turds, and county fairs.  No one ever gives me funnel cake though.

What they should give you is the Earthquake burgers from the Puyallup Fair.  Man, loaded with grilled onions.  BOMB city!

Those were really good, and to be quite honest, I never liked funnel cake.  I really don't like anything that's loaded down with powdered sugar.  It's like eating sweet Shower to Shower.

LotRO:  Degarmo, Korsten, Raindel, Serandel, Tarendel, Kandell, Ceirog, Degarmoth, Savared
ESO:  @degarmo
SWTOR - Republic:  Degarmo, Korsten, Raindel, Savaran, Ceirog, Gatling,, Kylmister
               Empire:  Omraged, Enak, Ledniar, Goriec, Paru Deleon, Juliana Sange
Guild Wars 2:  Kane Korsten, Degarmo Tate, Skagg Mistkeeper, Aeirgead De Monet, Raindel Etherglen, Depriest Espiritu, Savaran Seleria (All Currently Retired)
Degarmo
Ancient
5000+ posts

« Reply #16 on: October 31, 2017, 09:19:07 pm »

Interesting stuff.  I like the part about where the weather in different zones can actually affect your spell effects.  I'm not sure this will make it into the final game, because that kind of thing will be fraught with ass pains.

I'm with you on that one.  It seems like it will be very hard to pull off, specifically in the balance area.  Balance is hard enough without having to deal with zone-by-zone balance as well.

I would expect this kind of sage answer from someone as brilliant and intelligent as you obviously are, sir, but something about the way you write, I bet you're a handsome devil as well.

Nevertheless, we are agreed on the weather thing then. 

How do you feel about the amount of character classes and races?  I see they're putting in some of the "classic" types like elf, dwarf, and human.  Do you think this is a good thing or a bad thing?  Too derivative or just what people want?  Paper or plastic?

I thank  you, and my wife seems to find me less than horrific, so you could say I'm handsome, of sorts, depending on the light . . . mostly when they're off.

As far as the classes, they seem to have a distinct D&D flavor to them, which is a good thing.  I love a lot of classes and of course, much to the chagrin of some, will play them all.

The races are fine.  I've looked at a lot of games where they try to make up new races and such (and they've done some of that in this game), but they always fall short, and you eventually are wanting the classic race types.  The elves do seem a little blue from the concept art.  Maybe they're cold, or dead.

Speaking of cold and dead, it looks like they have a necromancer-esque character class.

Yeah, they do.  But you usually hate playing those.

True enough.  Something about them in every game that just makes their mechanics feel so cumbersome.  I bet it's mostly because it's a multiple-pet class.  Too much crap to manage for very little benefit.  It's like a guy juggling turds at the county fair.  It's a lot of work and no one's gonna pay you for it.

As a guild leader, I know a lot about juggling turds, and county fairs.  No one ever gives me funnel cake though.

What they should give you is the Earthquake burgers from the Puyallup Fair.  Man, loaded with grilled onions.  BOMB city!

Those were really good, and to be quite honest, I never liked funnel cake.  I really don't like anything that's loaded down with powdered sugar.  It's like eating sweet Shower to Shower.

Nobody wants to do that.

LotRO:  Degarmo, Korsten, Raindel, Serandel, Tarendel, Kandell, Ceirog, Degarmoth, Savared
SWTOR - Republic:  Degarmo, Korsten, Raindel, Savaran, Ceirog, Gatling,, Kylmister
Guild Wars 2:  Kane Korsten, Degarmo Tate, Skagg Mistkeeper, Aeirgead De Monet, Raindel Etherglen, Depriest Espiritu, Savaran Seleria (All Currently Retired)
Cruadorn
Dwarf Warrior? Viking? Trollborn? Evil Ogre? Whatever! I'm the guy with the big Axe!
Old Codger
100+ posts

« Reply #17 on: November 01, 2017, 11:10:52 am »

Talking to himself AND answering........

I think we talked about this game before when it was first in development. Looks interesting. Has an early EverQuest feel to me.

"Love not the arrow for it's swiftness, or the sword for it's bright blade, but the things that these guard."

LotRO - Cruadorn Skjalborg, Bjornhedin Magnisson, and Krubjorn Ullrsson
SWTOR - Rep: Cruadorn, Keoghan, Hring, & Imp: Kadrin, & Haakon
ArchAge - Cruadorn
WoW - (Maelstrom) Cruadorn, Grombrindal, Khadrin, Hring, and Ulfhedin
GW2 - Bjornhedin Magnison, Cruadorn Skjalborg, and Hring Ullerson
Degarmo
Ancient
5000+ posts

« Reply #18 on: November 01, 2017, 05:40:24 pm »

Yeah, McQuaid was one of the original main dude on EQ, so that stands to reason.

There will be some of those old-school elements that will be both awesome and terrible.  I hope they rethink some of the stuff like the naked corpse runs.

Aahzz
Fear the Aahzzikstan!
Elder
1000+ posts

« Reply #19 on: November 06, 2017, 05:40:54 pm »

This game looks fascinating, but as you say, naked corpse runs are no fun even when trying to make a game "difficult".    I really like the idea of teaching a snake to kick as well.   

With the look of the game I'm guessing upgrades would be needed, but I'm not entirely sure if that is true either.

LOTRO: Aahzz, Aahzzy, Aahzzikstan, Xovian, Xemodan, Xylric, Xynthryth, Aahzzmond, Xillion
SWTOR:  REPUBLIC-Aahzz, Aahzzikstan, Xillion, Xovian, Xylric  EMPIRE-Aahzzitaki, Aahzzriel, Hughami
Serving the Alphabet from A to X.  Y?  Because we already have a Z.
Degarmo
Ancient
5000+ posts

« Reply #20 on: November 07, 2017, 01:39:07 am »

No computer upgrades will really be necessary for awhile as far as processor goes.  The 2600K is still kicking just fine.   Only thing to look at is a new graphic card maybe, and that would fit right into any new system that you might build later on.

Gresley
Elder

« Reply #21 on: November 20, 2017, 12:50:18 pm »

Low min spec computer requirements + EQ-esquire = I'll have to keep an eye on this one.
Degarmo
Ancient
5000+ posts

« Reply #22 on: November 20, 2017, 05:44:16 pm »

Low min spec computer requirements + EQ-esquire = I'll have to keep an eye on this one.

They seem to be putting the emphasis of the old MMO style of play.  I'm sure they won't have every back-breaking "feature" from the old days, but getting a good deal of that stuff back will be great.

Cruadorn
Dwarf Warrior? Viking? Trollborn? Evil Ogre? Whatever! I'm the guy with the big Axe!
Old Codger
100+ posts

« Reply #23 on: November 20, 2017, 06:10:46 pm »

Holy Trinity Batman!

"Love not the arrow for it's swiftness, or the sword for it's bright blade, but the things that these guard."

LotRO - Cruadorn Skjalborg, Bjornhedin Magnisson, and Krubjorn Ullrsson
SWTOR - Rep: Cruadorn, Keoghan, Hring, & Imp: Kadrin, & Haakon
ArchAge - Cruadorn
WoW - (Maelstrom) Cruadorn, Grombrindal, Khadrin, Hring, and Ulfhedin
GW2 - Bjornhedin Magnison, Cruadorn Skjalborg, and Hring Ullerson
Zara
Ancient
1000+ posts

« Reply #24 on: November 24, 2017, 03:00:30 am »

I really like the idea of teaching a snake to kick as well.   

Smiley    Grin   Cheesy  laugh 

The Last:  Where Friendship, Honor and Respect Come Before Games

For the strength of the wolf is the pack and the strength of the pack is the wolf.  - Rudyard Kipling

SWTOR - Ebonhawk - VIP:  Zarah, Zhared, Zalah, Zaedyn, Rhae'vyn  (Active)

GW2 - Stormbluff  Isles- Zara Tate; Ranger - (Retired)

LoTRO - Landroval - Zara, Zared, Zalah, Rhaevyn (Lifetime Sub)
Gresley
Elder

« Reply #25 on: December 03, 2017, 04:12:35 pm »

I wonder if you could still get a rez in exchange for a peridot and a donation.  I bet inflation will suck.
Degarmo
Ancient
5000+ posts

« Reply #26 on: December 03, 2017, 06:40:09 pm »

Except for baloons, then inflation blows.

Gresley
Elder

« Reply #27 on: December 04, 2017, 07:17:51 pm »

Correct, as usual.  approval
gfx
Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
TinyPortal v1.0 beta 3 © Bloc
gfx gfx